Tuesday 27 January 2009

Graphicus Challenge


Here is my entry for the January Graphicus Challenge, I chose to just go with the Plum and Gold theme as I couldn't think of anything appropriate to combine the celebration element as well. Finding a plum colour was a challenge in it self as I didn't have anything that had plum in the title so I had a go at making my own from Glimmer Mist sprays. I mixed rum raison and candy apple together to make a "plummy colour". I stamped the Paisley background in Brilliance Gold and then sponged the glimmer mist around the edges. I then went over this with the Brilliance Gold. The main image stamp is from the Fantasy Floral plate. I covered the stamp with the Brilliance Gold and then went over it with the glimmer mist that i painted on with a brush, then stamped as normal. I cut out two of the images and stuck on with silicone glue along with the setiment which is from the Harlequin Rose plate. All the stamps I used are from Elusive Images

3 comments:

  1. WOW Julie, I LOVE what you have done with this image, in fact all your images using the new Graphicus Harlequin Rose Themeplate are stunning. Hoping mine arrives soon.
    Truly Beautiful
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurverly colours looks pretty plumy to me, and the cut work must have taken some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, very clever mixing the glimmer inks like that to get the colour, my colour is altogether too purple I think.

    ReplyDelete