Sunday 1 February 2009

Sarah Kay Stamps


Here is a card and matching gift box that I made for the Papercraft Essentials competition that was run at the end of last year. It hasn't photographed that well and I apologise for my net curtain shot but I photographed it at night and it was the best place to take it at the time!
I traced around a paint pallette onto some brown card and aged it a bit with mahogany distress ink and some cream chalk ink. The paint brush was made from Hearty Clay and the paint splashes were from some kid's paint pens I had. The Sarah Kay stamp was stamped with Staz on and then chalked. After cutting out I covered it with Glossy Accents. The paint sploges were made from left over card painted with glittery nail varnish!
I made the box to fit the card but before assembling I stamped with the Sarah Kay stamp and coloured with chalks. The back ground was coloured with distress inks and the odd dab of black brilliance ink.
I think I was more pleased with the way the box turned out than the card, which is typical as the box was a last minute addition that took about 30 miniutes to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie well you certainly put a lot of effort into this card and gift and it shows I love the techniques you have used its great.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did it this time!
    Thanks for stopping by
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete