Sunday 15 March 2009

Graphicus, March Challenge




Good morning everyone, it's lovely and sunny with a perfect blue sky here today, so I thought I would post my Graphicus Challenge as it is a nice sunny yellow inspired piece. Glenda set the March challenge as the colour yellow and the title Song. Mmm I thought..... what could I do to incorporate both of these elements and use Elusive Images stamps. Well I came up with this creation, when you see the title you will probably think Cheesy! but I couldn't stop humming the tune!


I started off with an A5 canvas board and spritzed it with yellow and orange glimmer mists (sorry can't remember the exact colour names), then I stamped the corner swirl and daisy collage stamp onto white tissue paper using light brown staz-on, which I then glued onto the canvas with watered down PVA glue. When dry I sponged the edges with yellow acrylic paint. I found a brass stencil in my stash that had a similar pattern to the Elusive Image corner stamp so used in the opposite corner with snow tex paste. When this was dry I dabbed it with the yellow acrylic paint. The butterfly has been made by stamping the butterfly stamp into green hearty clay and cutting out. when it was dry I dabbed yellow glimmer mist over the surface and attached wire and beads as the antenna. It was attached to the canvas with silicone glue. The title was stamped with an alphabet set in black staz-on. The holes at the top and bottom of the canvas was made using a Crop A dile and the beads threaded onto beading wire. To finish off two paper sunflowers were added using silicone glue. Voila!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie
    I love your entry. Now I'm humming the tune too!
    The stamped tissue paper idea is very clever. I shall be trying that effect out myself and the white stencilled flourish is lovely.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting. As a novice blogger it's great to know people are visiting.
    Love Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different media you have used here Julie. I also liked how you used stamping in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, I love the detail, that beading is lovely
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Julie, I love your beadwork, and just to have the imagination to think of something like this blows me away.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece of work and all that beading too on your canvas. I have struggled a lot with this challenge! Your inspiration obviously was easier obtained:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stamping on tissue paper idea, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, love the soft orangy yellow, wondering if you used Mimosa Glimmer mist as it has a lovely sunny warmth to it.

    thanks for entering the challenge!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete