Monday 20 April 2009

Moonlight Swan



Like alot of crafters I follow Michelle Zindorf's blog. She can turn a simple stamped image and some inks into an amazing piece of art. Now I am not for one minute comparing myself to her but her work has inspired me to create this swan card using some of her techniques. I used two sets of Inkadinkado stamp sets , patterned birds and bugs for the swan and delicate branches for the grass and trees. The grass has been stamped using peeled paint distress ink and then clear embossed and the tree branches and the swan have been stamped in black and clear embossed. I painted the swan with white and grey inktense water colour pencils and highlited with a white souffle pen along with holographic glitter. The grass and branches have been highlighted in the same way. I took a sponge and covered most of the card in a light blue dye based ink and then worked in some navy ink followed by a touch of lavender at the edges. The picture has been matted and layered onto light blue and navy card which has had the corners punched with one of those triangle paper punches (you can tell I have forgotton its make!) I set an eyelet in the top left of the base card and then treaded through some beads and fibres to finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment