Saturday 18 April 2009

Your Special Day



I had forgotten how much I liked the brass stencil used as the centre piece of this card until I dug it out for my yellow beaded canvas a short while ago hence why it has been used again. I coloured some chip board with green tinka billa ink and then placed the Plaid stencil onto it, securing it with masking tape. I then applied snow tex paste to the stencil and when it had dried I brushed some faded jeans distress ink to add a slight blue tinge to the white snow tex. I then dabbed clear drying glue to the image and sprinkled with the blue glitter which was a free gift with a magazine a while back (can't remember which one). The chip board has been edged with the blue ink and then mounted onto some olive green glossy card. The base card has been stamped and clear embossed using a scroll corner from Elusive Images and stamped in a blue pigment ink. I then went over the whole card with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using a sponge.
The paper flowers from Kaiser Craft have been stamped on using the scroll corner and the Peeled Paint Distress Ink and finished off with a small green button from Paper Mania. The greeting has been created on the computer and printed onto white card then coloured with the peeled paint. I then layered it onto the olive green glossy card and attached it to the base card using 3mm foam squares.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card Julie!

    What a beutifull use of inks I really inspire to be like you.

    Hugs
    Kelly
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete