Tuesday 26 May 2009

Mermaid


Hello! I can't believe it's two weeks since my last post. May has just flown for me. It has been extra busy with my daughter doing her SAT's so we can all breath a sigh of relief they are over and it is her birthday tomorrow so we have been busy sorting that out. It also happened to be my Mother-in-laws 80th birthday last week but she spent it in hospital. We took her out for a lovely meal two days before the big day, however on the way out of the restaurant she decided she wanted to get to the car a bit quicker than the rest of us, so she launched herself down the step and broke her hip!
Anyway here is a quick card for you. I don't know who the rubber stamp is by as I got it sometime ago in a grab bag at a show I went to. As far as I can remember it was on Wendy Stenton's stand and that's it. The mermaid has been stamped onto velum using blue Staz-on and coloured on the back with felt pens. I tore the velum and coloured the edges with the Staz on. The background has been coloured with alcohol inks. I have attached a velum panel to the right of the card which has been stamped with a hampton art swirl stamp using green and blue brilliance ink. The shells have been glazed with glitter glue and the card has been finished off with a few strands of white fibres which have been threaded with beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment