Friday 24 July 2009

So simple!


Hi all, this card I have today is so simple it took minutes to make. The backing paper is from Junkitz - Girl Collectionz and the T Shirt and Shorts rubber stamps are from Artifacts and they were all part of my blog candy prize from Maria over on Imagine, Create, Inspire. Both the top and shorts have been coloured using Pro Markers and attached to the backing paper using silicone glue. I have a clear alphabet and number set which I used to stamp the recipients name and age on the T shirt (luckily it's a short name!). I cut the front of the card slightly narrower than the back and wrote Happy Birthday down the side of the inside edge. I find if you add dots to the letters it tends to disguise uneven writing and neatens up handwritten sentiments. I put a strip of masking tape alongside the Happy Birthday and then sponged red and blue distress ink over the wording.
The right hand corners of the card and backing paper have been rounded off with a corner punch and the card has been finished off with three punched stars stuck to a strip of card which has been attached the the bottom of the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment