Saturday 10 October 2009

Flower Canvas

Hi all, hope your weekend is going well. This week I have been experimenting with canvas painting. This is my second attempt as the first fell by the wayside. I am reasonabley pleased with my efforts and appart from drying time it was quite quick to do. I started off painting the canvas with a cream emulsion paint as I had it lying around in one of those little tester pots. Whilst the paint was still wet I worked in the green acrylic paint. When dry I glued the script backing paper to the canvas using a mixture of water and PVA glue. When this was dry I added the light brown acrylic paint and then created the swirls with a pearl bronze pen.
The flowers have been punched from Grunge Paper, then sprayed with glimmer mists before being over stamped using a Tim Holtz background stamp. The flowers were then assembled and glued to the canvas using silicone.


The bird is a Tim Holtz, Grunge Board die cut which I have inked using glimmer mists and various ink pads. It has then been overstamped using a Tim Holtz dotty background stamp along with a Kars swirl stamp. I then partly embossed the bird using a Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder. The bird has been glued to the canvas using silicone.
Thats all folks, bye for now.





3 comments:

  1. Oooooh very nice..!!! Glad you were i8nspired, there will be no stopping you now. Love the bird...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie I found your blog via Dyan's, your canvas is gorgeous..love how you created the background and built up from there. The flowers and bird are superb too and I like the dimensional swirls. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just blog hopping and came across your blog. Your canvas is beautiful, love the effects of the glimmer mists and stamps.

    ReplyDelete