Saturday 28 November 2009

Encaustic Art

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great weekend. My mojo has well and truly upped and left so nothing new to show you as such, so I thought I would go for a bit of a change. After having a house sort out I came across some encaustic art designs that I had created a while back. For those of you that do not know, encaustic art is just coloured wax melted onto an iron and then smeared across a glossy card. The way you move the iron across the page determines the marks made on the card, cool eh? It is so easy although I am never sure how the picture is going to turn out. I just stop when I like what I see.
Hope I can get into my creative flow again soon as I need to make some Christmas cards, I may have to commit the sin of buying some! I know shocking isn't it? Bye for now, will be back soon to show some more encaustic pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment