Friday, 24 December 2010

One more day to go!

Merry Christmas, hope you all have a fabulous time.
Here are the cards that I made for my husband and daughter. I always struggle to make a card for my husband, but the Cricut came to my rescue and some old Christmas papermania papers I found in my stash were very welcome. The stamp used for my daughter's card was designed by Wild Rose Studio and coloured with Promarkers. The background was courtesy of Jak Heath's Blog
I will be spending Christmas at home with my family this year so whatever you are doing have a good one!

Thursday, 23 December 2010

Merry Christmas

Hi all hope you are all ready to put your feet up with a large glass of wine this Christmas, I know I am.
Here are a couple of Christmas cards that I made. The base card was coloured with red and green distress inks,then I cut some mirri card with a Spellbinders die and then embossed it with a cuttlebug embossing folder. I then rubbed a red and brown staz-on ink pad over the embossed mirri card and then mounted it onto the main card. The baubles and sentiment cards were cut using the Cricut and then stamped and coloured with distress ink. The card was then finished off with red and green ribbon and there you have it.
Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Autumn Birthday Card

Hi there, hope you are all well. It's my husband's birthday today so I thought I would celebrate by making a late Autumn card, however I think I should have added a bit of snow and ice as it seems Autumn has come to an abrupt end judging by the ice and snow scattered around the country.
I was really looking forward to using these new stamps which have been designed by Sheena Douglas. The leaf plate is my favourite. I loved creating the colours for the leaves. I used yellow, green and brown Glimmer Mists before stamping onto the dried sheet of paper. I then sponged on some red distress ink to finish off the autumnal leaf look. The main image was stamped using Vintage Photo distress ink, then I brushed water over the image to create a water colour look. I also added some blue and green distress ink to the design to create a bit of depth.
The sentiments were cut using a Quickutz alphabet and then a silver rub on was added to highlight the ridges in the paper. A spellbinders nesting die was used for the centre design.
Hope to be back soon with some more designs. Ta ra...........