Saturday 26 February 2011

Door Hanger

Here is the first project I have made whilst following my stamping online course. The subject this week was Resistance so this was the main technique used to create this hanger. The chipboard hanger blank was painted with gesso and then clear embossed with the Elusive Images flower design. I then painted the green tinkabilla ink all over the embossed images which created a resist so they show through the ink. I then edged the hanger with purple tinkabilla ink. The butterflies were clear embossed onto green card and then purple tinkabilla ink was painted over the entire surface. When it was dry I placed some copier paper over the images and then went over them with a hot iron. This removes the embossing to leave a smooth opaque image with no raised lines. This technique is known as faux batik. The wish sentiment was cut on the cricut and a cropodile was used to make the holes for the beading. The entire project was then sprayed with clear varnish and there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good!! A really clever technique. I can't wait to have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete